Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nerdery is expensive

Misstsy FB-posted a link to the Harry Potter Moleskine® collection (meant for P, but I was tagged in the post). I saw it, and I wanted it. P said that she'd seen it at the NBC store over at Bugis, and offered to pick one up for me, with a 10% discount. I decided to go to the store at Jem, as I wanted to see the physical thing first, to see if it really was as pretty as it looked in the picture.

It wasn't.

It was better.

I picked up my 2017 planner from Muji, then went to NBC. No copies there, so I meandered over to Kinokuniya. Went straight over to the Moleskines, saw the one I liked, and stood in front of it, dithering for ages. I mean, HP journal! Expecto Patronum! But but....$41 for a notebook!!!

I finally decided to get it. Picked one up, turned around, and....

Oh. Oh my.

MUCH HARRY POTTER. SO GEEK.


Pure magic.

Cue even more dithering. And then of course, I allowed myself to get tempted by useless little keyrings.

cute, but nah

Of course, I started texting Nekowife and P for help. Partly help in deciding which notebook to get, but mostly it was a cry for help to stop spending monies!
P told me not to waste money. But, as I told her (and later, Nekowife), I'd also planned to get my nails done today. But purdy HP notebooks > purdy nails, and they'll last longer too.

Ended up getting these two beauties.



'Course though, they're going to sit there for absolute ages before I even get around to opening them, let alone writing in them!

And then, of course...as though I hadn't already spent enough on notebooks... I picked up a new MacBook Pro. On which I am now typing.

Harry Potter notebooks? $75.
MacBook Pro? $2000.

Nerd satisfaction? Priceless.


Of course, seeing as how this week, Starbucks is doing a BOGO on their Xmas drinks... I went along to pick up my second toffee nut latte of the year, and got a peppermint mocha frappe for BabyGirl.


I'm broke, but I'm happy. :)

Also, wife wife look! I wrotes something! I have some other stuff that I wanted to blog about, but hey. Might as well keep something for tomorrow, eh?

No comments: